If you are looking for a good cause to help you celebrate this winter season on Balboa Peninsula, look no further: The fourth annual Winter Bar Crawl for a Cause is happening this Saturday, Feb. 22. All proceeds from the event directly benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Orange County (CFF OC).
The crawl begins 1 p.m. at Malarky’s Irish Pub for photos and prizes, and then moves on to Helmsman, Stag Bar, and ends at The Blue Beet with a charity raffle and a live performance by The Droppers. Each bar stop will feature drink specials for participating guests only.
Raffle features prize giveaways from dozens of local businesses, including:
- (1) free Spring registration to Beach City Sports
- (1) gift basket from Hi-Time Wine Cellars
- (2) $150 gift certificates to Helmsman Ale House donated by Julia Morton, White Sail Realty
- (1) pair of snow goggles, sunnies and helmet from Oakley
- (1) free paddleboard session from Paddleboard Newport Beach
- (1) one-month membership gift certificate to The Board Club, Board Club t-shirt, koozie and stickers (Retail value – $180)
- (1) month free at F45 Training Newport Beach
- (2) pairs of Roxy Hydrosmart technology riding gloves and (20 pairs of Roxy technical riding socks
- (1) $150 gift card from Innovative Dining (good at Sushi Roku, Boa Steakhouse, Katana and Robata Bar)
- (2) $25 gift certificates to Lido Bottle Works
- (1) Hat, tee and stickers from Glory Hull Fishing
- (2) $25 gift certificates to The Alley
- (1) $85 photo session with Glenn Inskeep Photography
- (2) six-bottle packs of Ammunition Wines
- (1) Duffy ride from OC Boat Rentals
- (6) one-hour free work sessions at HanaHaus
- (4) $5 gift certificates to Blue Bottle Coffee
- (1) two-hour private wine tasting for 10 people from Wine Guy & Wine Gal (includes custom glasses)
- (1) monthly Unlimited Package at MojoCryo (whole booy cryotherapy – one session per day, NovoThor Whole Body Light Bed – one session per day)
- (1) growler and gift certificate to Brewing Reserve of CA
- (1) gift certificate to The Crack Shack
Must be present to win the raffles!
Last year, the Bar Crawl for a Cause raised over $10,000 for CFF OC and had nearly 200 participants, and this year they have set a goal to beat the last– and hope to have even more join in on the fun!
The organizer, Melissa Kandel, a Balboa Peninsula resident who was also named the 2017 Newcomer Volunteer for CFF OC, lost her mother several years ago to cystic fibrosis. She is also serving on the board for the “Beach, Brews & BBQ” event and is chair of Orange County’s Finest, a CFF OC fundraising effort bringing together local young professionals.
When I spoke with Kandel about the event she said “I think a bar crawl is a great way to bring awareness and raise money, and the Peninsula is such a vibrant, lively place and I wanted to tap into that energy with an event that not only benefits a great cause but is also really fun for its participants.”