Yesterday the Marines may have gotten their day (and happy birthday to them!), but today is dedicated to all veterans. In fact, if you are a vet, many companies would like to honor you on this day dedicated to you and your service. Here are a few nationally recognized names, and their attempt at giving back:
• Get a free haircut. Veterans who visit Great Clips shops on Nov. 11, can either receive a free haircut — or a card for a free haircut to redeem by Dec. 31.
• Eat a free meal. At Hooters, the freebie meal on Veterans Day can be worth up to $10.99, with any drink purchase. Applebee’s, Chili’s and California Pizza Kitchen all offer free meals from a special menu to vets and active military.
• Down a free burger. Red Robin is offering a Red’s Tavern Double burger with Bottomless Steak Fries, on the house.
• Drink a free coffee. Starbucks is offering a free, tall brewed coffee on Tuesday to all U.S. military veterans and active duty service members — and their spouses!
• Scarf down free pancakes. IHOP offers vets and active military free Red, White and Blue pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
Work-out for free. 24-Hour Fitness offers free use of the health club to vets and active military through Tuesday.
• Enjoy a free appetizer. Red Lobster, through Thursday, is offering free appetizers to veterans and active duty military.
• Down a free doughnut — and coffee. Krispy Kreme will give a free doughnut and small coffee to anyone who identifies themselves as a veteran or active duty military on Veterans Day.
• Get free game tokens. Chuck E. Cheese will give 20 free tokens to U.S. military vets and active-duty military through Saturday.
Now, these are all national chains– but if you know of any local ones, please leave them in the comments section, below!
Above all, vets: thank you for your dedication, and for your sacrifices. Serving our country is not an easy job– you know that, and we know that. Thank you.