For those who don’t have family out here or are simply unable to join them, here are a list of establishments to get yo turkey on today:
- Blackies. Their annual “Gettin Wasted While Your Turkey is Basted” is fun for the single people out there, and they usually have quite the spread available for patrons as well.
- Woody’s Wharf is pretty happening on Turkey Day, with a beautiful view and a pre-arranged Thanksgiving menu.
- Dory Deli is open 7am to noon for coffee and breakfast.
- Malarky’s Irish Pub opens at 7:30am and will be serving breakfast and lunch.
- Stag Bar & Grill, as always, will be open starting at 8am for “cocktails and dreams”, as they say.
- Class of ’47— Another place open every day of the year. I am told that Class of ’47 usually has a Thanksgiving potluck, but every year is different since it is put on by patrons instead of the establishment itself.
- Cruisers is open from 9am to 1am, if you want a sports-focused establishment to watch the famous Thanksgiving Football in!
Looking for something a bit fancier than a bar atmosphere? Bring your significant other or your family out for a nice dinner at one of the following establishments:
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: This restaurant will offer a three-course menu with appetizers, herb-roasted turkey with brioche bread stuffing as the main course and either pumpkin cheese or carrot cake for dessert. Call to make reservations. $20-50. 11 a.m.-10 p.m. 455 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach. 949-720-9633 or flemingssteakhouse.com
- Back Bay Bistro: The buffet-style menu includes salads, soups, a carved-to-order station with New York Strip Steak and slow roasted turkey breast, sides and desserts. Call for reservations. 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. $25-50. 1131 Back Bay Drive, Newport Beach. 949-729-1144 or newportdunes.com/bistro
- Oak Grill: A four-course dinner will include white wine steamed clams or pumpkin ricotta gnudi, a traditional turkey plate, grilled filet mignon, pan seared branzino or slow roasted pork chop. Special desserts will be created by pastry Chef Andy de la Cruz. Reservations can be made online or by phone. $35-90. 4-9 p.m. 690 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach. 949-760-4920 or oakgrillnb.com
- Thanksgiving Brunch: The Island Hotel in Newport Beach will host a Thanksgiving Day brunch in the ballroom. Menu options include farmer’s market salads, free-range turkey, carved-to-order prime rib, slow roasted pork loin and wood plank roasted salmon. A seafood station, biscuit bar and seasonal desserts will also be available. Call for reservations. $20-80. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. 690 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach. 949-760-4913 or islandhotel.com
- Five Crowns and SideDoor : The menu includes an oven roasted turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and housemade cranberry sauce. Other options include prime rib, salmon and lobster scampi or roasted goose. Check websites for more information. 11 a.m. 3801 E. Coast Highway, Corona del Mar. lawrysonline.com/five-crowns or sidedoorcdm.com. 949-760-0331(Five Crowns) 949-717-4322 (SideDoor)