|Diane Dixon – Mayor, District email@example.com|
|Brad Avery – Councilmember, District firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duffy Duffield – Councilmember, District 3||DDuffield@newportbeachca.gov|
|Kevin Muldoon – Councilmember, District email@example.com|
|Jeff Herdman – Councilmember, District firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joy Brenner, Councilmember, District email@example.com|
|Will O’Neill – Mayor Pro Tem, District firstname.lastname@example.org|
Want to see the district map? Click here: http://nbgis.newportbeachca.gov/gispub/MapCatalog/pdf_maps/council_districts_11X17.pdf
Council Policy Table: http://www.newportbeachca.gov/government/city-council/council-policy-manual
Council Historic List: Newport Beach Council Member History (1) (warning: this data is not sanitized, for all you data geeks!)
Some interesting council facts:
1) from 1906 until 1940, there were only 5 councilmembers.
2) from 1942 until 1954, there were 6 councilmembers.
3) from 1955 onward, there have been 7 councilmembers.
4) After 1926, the “President” title went away, and heads of the city began being called “Mayor”.
5) In 1966, the “Mayor Pro Tem” position was created.
6) Oddly, there were two mayors in 1948 and in 1952